Few years in the “Noida Real Estate” market and we all know Builders in this part of country are not very transparent and forthcoming while sharing crucial information with home buyers. All the demands either goes unanswered or the information is denied citing various legal reasons.
While you have limited option when it comes to private information held by Developer, if the Information is related to Public Authority, you can directly ask the Authority using the most powerful tool, “RTI – Right to Information Act”.
We will take you through steps to prepare your RTI but before that learn what all can you possibly get thorough RTI applicants.
- Information related to plot like Lease Deed, Land titles, Ownership status etc
- Layout Plans and revised layout plans.
- FAR and revised FAR.
- Completion certificate and its status.
- Action taken on complaint filed to Noida on builder related matters.
- Lease rent applicable and deposited by builder.
- Legal cases on the said plot.
- Payment status and dues for the said plot etc.
Basically any information you think is held by Public Authority on record can be sought through RTI. Noida Authority is smart and try their best to deny information being sought, we will cover step to ensure you get answers that separately.
Procedure to file RTI application to NOIDA:
- Download optimized RTI application form for Noida Authority from here : Sample RTI Form
- Give a brief background of the information being sought, refer to #1 of the document and change project details as applicable.
- Don not forget to include this line :
I hereby request to provide the following information under the provisions of the Right to Information Act, 2005.In case the asked information is not available with you then please transfer this application or a part of it, as may be appropriate to the concerned public authority and inform me about the same under provisions of section 6(3) of the RTI Act.
- Fill in your questions in # 1 (i). Try to limit the number of questions and limit it to one subject. Shall you need information on multiple subjects, file multiple RTIs.
- Fill in your personal information in section #2.
- Enter Postal Order (PO) in #5. Postal order of rupees 10 can be obtained from Indian Post Office. PO should be filled for PIO, Noida Authority and payable at Noida.
- Sign at the end with date.
- Send it through Indian Post Office’s registered/speed post only to following address:
The Public Information Officer/
The Asstt. Public Information Officer,
New Okhla Industrial Development Authority,
Administrative Block Sector-VI, Noida- 201301
- Keep a scanned copy of all the documents attached.
- Do not courier it and only use speed post or registered post.
- You can submit the application in person to Noida Authority office, however its time consuming exercise.
- There is no standard prescribed format for RTI and you can modify it as per your choice. However, we recommend using attached Sample RTI Form only.
- Track your documents through Indian Post Tracking and take a snapshot of delivery confirmation.
- You can not file a RTI to Builder.
To file RTI with Greater Noida Authority, just replace Noida with Greater Noida and change the address to Greater Noida Authority address.
Even after carefully drafting the RTI application, Noida Authority may deny you the information citing many reasons. Don not worry, we will guide you on how to ensure you get the right information in this article : How to ensure your get right information through RTI from NOIDA Authority
If you have any question/suggestion, please write in comments and we will be happy to help!