When your apartment is ready, builder shall ask you for e-Stamping / Stamp Papers. It is not mandatory to pay the amount to builder and home buyers can purchase stamps papers themselves when needed. It has come to light that some builder ask for this money in advance. However, same is not mandatory and should be paid at the time of registration only.
Stamp duty has to be paid along with the full and final payment. E- stamp needs to be prepared and and submitted along with the payment to builder.
Steps to purchase stamp papers / stamp duty
- Download the E-Stamp application form (Fill as below) – http://www.shcilestamp.com/E-Download.html
- SHCIL office is on left of Samsung showroom opposite Great India Palace Noida on the 2nd Floor – It is open Monday – Friday , 09:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- Carry the filled form along with payment (Cash, Cheque or DD) and submit in their office. For RTGS you need to contact them a day before for details.
- Cheque and DD are subjected to clearing (2 days usually). You need to collect stamp once cheque is cleared, SHCIL person will call you usually.
- Cash has to be submitted to IDBI bank branch adjacent to their office building. You get E- Stamp hand to hand on cash payment.
Once you submit payment and it gets realized you will be provided a Preview of your stamp. DO CHECK IT VERY CAREFULLY SO THAT NOTHING IS WRONG . In case a wrong stamp is generated SHCIL will not be liable for a refund and there is a long procedure for that hence take utmost care.
Remember to collect the receipt of the stamp paper.